Re: Bypass large files with filter

2006-02-02 20:54:40
At 20:15 2006-02-02 -0700, Google Kreme wrote:
On 02 Feb 2006, at 01:49 , Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Udi,

Am 2006-01-30 23:11:52, schrieb Udi Mottelo:

     Btw. what is -big- message in your system?  In 1994 I set the
     limits in sendmail.cf to be 20Mb and nobody complains (yet)

But RFC (??? 822) suggests 4 MByte.

While $MB is reasonable, I've had to increase it to 12MB.  It's
simply too hard to try to educate users that sending a "small" 10mb
file via email is a bad thing).

Bouncing it every time seems like a good instructional tool.

I abhor large file attachments - though they generally come from people I
don't want attachments from anyway.  Some nifty video?  Put it on a P2P
file sharing network or just email the damn URL you found it at in the
first place -- either way would be far more efficient use of bandwidth
(esp. if I'm not interested in the file to begin with <g>).