Re: Bypass large files with filter

2006-02-05 04:14:34

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 20:15 2006-02-02 -0700, Google Kreme wrote:
On 02 Feb 2006, at 01:49 , Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Udi,

Am 2006-01-30 23:11:52, schrieb Udi Mottelo:

     Btw. what is -big- message in your system?  In 1994 I set the
     limits in sendmail.cf to be 20Mb and nobody complains (yet)

But RFC (??? 822) suggests 4 MByte.

While $MB is reasonable, I've had to increase it to 12MB.  It's
simply too hard to try to educate users that sending a "small" 10mb
file via email is a bad thing).

Bouncing it every time seems like a good instructional tool.

        (:-)   Yes, but I understend Michelle Kreme.  Hear, in the
        academy they have special-black-magic-kyewords: "Academic Freedom"
        it works in any situation.

I abhor large file attachments - though they generally come from people I
don't want attachments from anyway.  Some nifty video?  Put it on a P2P
file sharing network or just email the damn URL you found it at in the
first place -- either way would be far more efficient use of bandwidth
(esp. if I'm not interested in the file to begin with <g>).

        I tried to install ARADIS to resolve this problem because the
        users don't like to receive attachmnt too (they like to send it!).
        Unfortunately the source is so touchy and sensitive for some
        libraries' versions so I gave up.

        However, here is the link and if it will help somebody, please
        tell me:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/aradis/

Bye,
  Udi