Re: [META] Threading [Was: Bypass large files with filter]

2006-02-09 15:06:33
On 09 Feb 2006, at 10:52 , Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 23:19 2006-02-08 -0700, Google Kreme wrote:
It is putting Sean's posts first because it thinks Sean's posts are
earlier based on him being way over in the Pacific time zone and
Eudora has been piss-poor about accounting for time zones for going
on a decade now.

Er, how is the datestamp on any of my messages any different from
yours,
with the exception that the timezone offset is -0800 instead of
-0700 for you?

Well, I could be simply recalling previous broken behavior in sorting
messages for Eudora, but I assumed it would also sort my posts out of
order from people in 'later' timezones.

I haven't used Eudora seriously since version 4, and only
occasionally in V5 and V6.  And not at all in V7, but date handling
was certainly an issue at one time.  In fact, one fo the first things
I did with procmail was having to do with Eudora and time stamps, as
I recall.

--
You are responsible for your Rose
Rule #5 Get Kirsten Dunst Wet