Re: [META] Threading [Was: Bypass large files with filter]

2006-02-09 15:26:18
At 14:41 2006-02-09 -0700, Google Kreme wrote:

Er, how is the datestamp on any of my messages any different from
yours,
with the exception that the timezone offset is -0800 instead of
-0700 for you?

Well, I could be simply recalling previous broken behavior in sorting
messages for Eudora, but I assumed it would also sort my posts out of
order from people in 'later' timezones.

I was under the impression you were declaring some issue with malformed
behaviour on messages which Eudora has SENT, affecting mail processing by
it's recipients, not of Eudora's behaviour when processing it's own saved
messages.

Yea, their date sorting is based on the unadjusted datestamp (i.e. in
ignorance of the timezone).  I could rattle off quite a few things that are
irritating about the program (the fact that it doesn't "unsort" when you've
inadvertently sorted a mailbox by some criteria is among them) - but I can
do the same thing about virtually everything, including my TiVo
boxes.  Eudora works for me, regardless of some local irritations.

FWIW, I just checked some list correspondance from an associate for whom I
recently re-installed everything on their computer including setting them
up with Eudora 7.x - it appears that it is including the In-Reply-To
messageid in the References, so either they've "fixed the bug", or (as I
expect) it's merely been revved to be RFC2822 compliant (a specification
which postdates the version I am using).