Re: Emails delivered twice

2008-05-16 10:20:13
Professional Software Engineering schreef:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

My ISP adds an "Envelope-To:" header field to each message. (with of
course only those addresses of the real envelope in it that are
related to the delivered message)

Er, your ISP adds an Envelope-To: header which identifies MULTIPLE
recipients?  So, it's up to you to ensure that header is stripped
out, or else people know who a message may have been BCC'd to?

I did my best to write "of course ... related to the delivered message",
but it appears that still leaves room to guess wrong.

The Envelope-To header *field* I am talking about can only contain more
than one address if each is either the address or an alias of the same
single popbox. AFAIK it is a sendmail hack.

If an address in the Envelope-To doesn't exist in the From or Cc, then
you know there is a Bcc, but that is not new or extra knowledge either.

--
Groet, Ruud