Re: Moving from mbox to Maildir

2009-02-25 08:20:45
LuKreme wrote:

I am thinking about moving my old uw-imap accounts to Courier (where most of my mail accounts live) and converting all the accounts to Maildir. before I reinvent the wheel, has someone already written a mbox -> maildir program or procmail script?

A one-liner, using formail and procmail and a DEFAULT ending in a slash.

Something like:

DEFAULT=/home/user/Mail/maildir-dir/ formail -n5 +1 -fs procmail < mbox-file

If you want more control on timestamps, here is an ugly written Perl script:
http://www.scribblin.gs/software/downloads/mbox2maildir

--
Ruud