Re: EOF and future recipes

2010-06-07 06:30:21
in message <4C0CB7F3(_dot_)3060901(_at_)conacher(_dot_)co(_dot_)za>, wrote
Hylton Conacher
(ZR1HPC) thusly...

Professional Software Engineering wrote:
Perhaps you could explain what you're trying to accomplish - why
would you have incomplete recipes in a live config?  Is it that
you really wish to force a premature abort (and if so, why have
the other recipes anyway?)
I would therefore like to having a working procmailrc file that I
can periodically add to. It is very possible that I remember part
of a future recipe but nothing more. I would therefore add the
details I can remember into the procmail file as part of a future
recipe and know that Procmail will not process the text I have
jotted down because there was and EOF before it.

As Olivier stated earlier I could just comment them out but
procmail will still read the file to the end
there are currently over 5 A4 pages of recipes that need
to be commented out, line by line!

You could collect the recipes that needs work in a file separate
from ~/.procmailrc.  Then in ~/.procmailrc use "INCLUDERC" variable
to pull in the file with incomplete recipes.  From there, you would
have only one line to comment out ...

  #  In ${HOME}/.procmailrc ...

  #  Complete recipes.
  .