Re: EOF and future recipes - SOLVED

2010-06-07 08:34:23
parv(_at_)pair(_dot_)com wrote:
in message <4C0CB7F3(_dot_)3060901(_at_)conacher(_dot_)co(_dot_)za>, wrote
Hylton Conacher
(ZR1HPC) thusly...
Professional Software Engineering wrote:
Perhaps you could explain what you're trying to accomplish - why
would you have incomplete recipes in a live config?  Is it that
you really wish to force a premature abort (and if so, why have
the other recipes anyway?)
I would therefore like to having a working procmailrc file that I
can periodically add to. It is very possible that I remember part
of a future recipe but nothing more. I would therefore add the
details I can remember into the procmail file as part of a future
recipe and know that Procmail will not process the text I have
jotted down because there was and EOF before it.

<snip>

OK the computing power might be sufficient but it is using the power
CORRECTLY to achieve the desired result that is the problem. Asides I
mostly use KWrite to edit the actual production procmailrc file.

Basically I get the point, have a separate file.  No problem with that
but it was an idea that I hoped Procmail might have an EOF option.

Thanks for the bandwidth
Hylton