RE: DNS RRtypes: changing PI

2003-10-20 12:58:11
Phil White wrote:
The converse question is: Is there any reason why a dash could not be
substituted for the underscore? What is the (realistic) risk of a
collision?
Is there any reason why SPF cannot use this method instead?

If you completely translate the subdomain to use dashes, you get
"-smtp-client".  I believe that has a very low risk of collision.
However, that being said, I think something like "-spf" may be a better
option, or "-spf-conf".

---
Dustin D. Trammell
Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist