Re: draft 02.6 ready

2003-11-14 13:32:13
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 02:25:12PM -0600, wayne wrote:

| One quick suggestion that I can think off off hand:  I think we should
| up the version number when this is no longer considered a "draft", but
| are ready for people to consider it a stable definition.

When it's a stable definition, it'll have an RFC number on it :)

Seriously, I want to freeze it as soon as possible, but I also want it
to be as good as possible.  I apologize to the early adopters who have
faithfully changed their definitions.  SPF may be a moving target, but
it is not a wild goose chase.

So, I dunno.  When we have both rough consensus and running code I think
we can submit it to the RFC editor.  When the draft is cleaned up I'll
send the new version to Eric Allman, Yahoo, and AOL, and get their input.

meng

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt