Re: multiple records

2003-11-14 13:37:23
In <20031114202709(_dot_)GE10172(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> "Eric S. Raymond"
<esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> writes:

Hmmmm...maybe this means we could drop the ugly pseudo-domain kludge and
just use TXT records attached to the actual domain at issue?

I don't think so.  There is still the issue of the importance of
having the SPF info fitting into a single UDP packet.  As mentioned
previously, many domains already have (too much) stuff in TXT records
at their domain level and a non-trivial number of firewalls and such
break DNS/TCP.

-wayne

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt