Re: major forwarders in trusted-forwarder.org

2004-01-08 10:52:13
In <20040108151811(_dot_)GI18595(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

wayne, now would be a good time to add the major email forwarding
service providers to trusted-forwarder.org.  I will get you a more
comprehensive list later but for now can you add pobox.com and acm.org?

    20040108-10:14:42 mengwong(_at_)dumbo:~% dnsip
pobox.com.wl.trusted-forwarder.org
    20040108-10:14:49 mengwong(_at_)dumbo:~% dnsip
acm.org.wl.trusted-forwarder.org

I have added these two to trusted-forwarder.org, the changes should
propagate within the next few hours.

I have *not* added the domain names for the IP addresses that have
already been listed.  I have my doubts about whether that is a good
idea.  I'll try to dig up an older post on this subject after I get
back from lunch.

I do have a couple of questions though:

Is there any reason to restrict who can do zone transfers for
trusted-forwarder.org?  I can't see anything that would be very secret
in there.

Should make the zone file available via http also?   It contains
comments, a few email addresses and other information that may be both
more useful for people, but also more likely to be wanted to keep
private.  (The email addresses in particular.)

-wayne