Re: major forwarders in trusted-forwarder.org

2004-01-08 12:23:32
At 09:29 AM 1/8/2004, you wrote:
Is trusted-forwarder.org for all to use? Is there an example using such exemptions?

Yes, how should one use this list? I'm only logging right now, but I just noticed that one of the messages that triggered an SPF failure was from my mother's AOL account by way of my pobox.com address!

We're logging based on Mail::SPF::Query, trying result() first, then best_guess() if that returns "unknown". The problem appears to be that result() never checks trusted-forwarder.org, and best_guess() never returns "fail".

It seems to me that an in-between method - one which will check trusted-forwarder.org if the explicit SPF check returns "fail", but will not make any other assumptions - would be useful.

Or is the intention to indicate who the *publishers* trust (i.e. have exists:something.trusted-forwarder.org appear in SPF records), rather than who the *recipients* trust?

Kelson Vibber