Re: Re[2]: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidi ty.

2004-01-13 07:11:59
begin  Tuesday 13 January 2004 15:01, Chris Drake quote:
I'm Australian, and we have no such precedent, but we have very
different laws relating to emails than those that US people have,
including (as I mentioned) criminal penalties for interfering,
intercepting, reading-without-permission, and even forwarding without
sender permission.

You mean, forwarding without sender permission is illegal in
Australia? You must be kidding! Then, services such as pobox.com would
be illegal? And, if you switched ISP's, it would be illegal if your
old ISP would helpfully forward your mails to your new address?

What's the point anyways of forwarding, if you have to ask the sender
for permission? If you have to ask the sender for permission anyways,
why not give him your new address? (Indeed, the most common use of
forwarding is a situation where you cannot inform all possible senders
that your address has changed or is going to change).

Now, if you'd have said "forwarding without neither the sender's nor
the receiver's permission", it would make more sense.

Alain