Re: implementation question

2004-01-13 11:58:23
At 10:33 AM 1/13/2004, Roger wrote:
If an ISP publishes SPF records and does NOT have a MTA that supports SPF will said zone have trouble recieving/sending email?

No, there should be no problems. Publishing your own SPF records and checking other people's SPF records are completely independent. (Well, expect for the fact that if no one published them, there would be nothing to check!)

I'm asking this as I'm thinking about implementing SPF in phases...

-Publishing SPF records
testing
-Setting up MTA w/ SPF capabilities
more testing

This seems to be the approach most people are taking. It's what we're doing at SpeedGate, and appears to be what AOL has been doing (at least I haven't heard anything about AOL checking SPF records yet.)

Kelson Vibber