Re: New DNS record issue.

2004-01-16 08:04:15
John Warren wrote:

I used zoneedit.com and they will not support the "_". That last comment I got is that the "_" is not a legal character so they will not support it. If someone can prove to them that it is legal they "may". BTW, I think the blocking is in their web interface not the DNS server.

You're right about the last bit. Try:

dig _http._tcp.billericaybaptist.net srv @ns14.zoneedit.com

and you get:

<snip>
;; ANSWER SECTION:
_http._tcp.billericaybaptist.net. 86400 IN SRV 0 0 80 billericaybaptist.net.
<snip>

I use them as a secondary, so they're successfully pulling underscores via AXFR from my primary.

--
Mark.
mark(_at_)tranchant(_dot_)plus(_dot_)com