Re: considering XML

2004-01-21 13:04:17
In <20040121195024(_dot_)GI6875(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

Well, the idea is that if a sender domain wants to define a new
mechanism, it can change the xmlns attribute to point to its DTD and
people out there can subscribe to it.  Is that the idea?

Well, that is my understanding of the idea.  Again, I can see
downloading something that will validate a new syntax.  I can't see
how you can download something that would actually implement the
semantics of the new syntax.  Without the latter, I don't see it as
being any more extendable.

-wayne