Re: SPF design refrozen

2004-01-23 21:31:47
In <20040123231010(_dot_)GD7601(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

OK, the people have spoken.  SPF v1 is frozen, and filtering will be
possible before DATA, unlike certain alternatives now under
consideration by the major ISPs.

If I understand things correctly, these other alternatives do not deal
with the envelope-from.  As such, these alternatives should be see as
complimentary, rather competitive proposals.

I apologize for any unhappiness caused by these issues.  I don't like
reexamining decisions like this, especially once the design has been
declared frozen.  Now it has been refrozen.

I, for one, appreciate bringing up these ideas.  As I have said
before, I'm not that familiar with XML, and I have learned some about
it.  Being open to new ideas is a good thing as long as you don't jump
at every shiny thing that comes along.

-wayne