Re: SPF design refrozen

2004-01-24 07:42:59
In <1074949064(_dot_)15264(_dot_)700(_dot_)camel(_at_)k9> Mark Shewmaker
<mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> writes:

    Or perhaps they could create records with something like "v=spfnew",
    given that no real spf spec will ever use the version "new" most
    likely.

Yes, that would be my recomendation.  Or, v=spf2-beta, or v=spfwayne,
or something.  For testing purposes, you really only need to have a
few people who talk to each other, publish a few records and add test
code to a few MTAs.

2.  (Ducking) The spf1 standard could state that mechanisms beginning
    with "ignore_me_" are to be ignored, and not cause spf processing to
    abort.

My suggestion in the past was to use x- similar to the X- email
headers.  I'm really not sure if this is a good idea at all.  SPF
records are not a good place for undefined behavior.

-wayne