Re: Implimenting SPF in Sendmail

2004-01-26 11:32:25
Hello Dan,

Yesterday I sent the INSTALL document to the devel list, for review. Meng
has not "officially" signed off on it yet, but there no reason I cannot
already distribute it here ("spf-milter-INSTALL.txt" as attachment). The
official document will either be this, or something very like it. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,
we wouldn't call it code." - FedEx

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Willett Sr." <Dan(_at_)Willett(_dot_)net>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 7:05 PM
Subject: [spf-discuss] Implimenting SPF in Sendmail

Ok, all of this is interesting, and I personally think additional headers
are a better idea than re-writing headers on forwarding...

But what I want to know, is there a step by step faq to impliment SPF on
Sendmail for my FreeBSD run mailserver?

I've downloaded the SendMail milter... but it does not have any
instructions on how to install it. And no, I don't want to have to spend
time learning all the ins and outs of Sendmail... Personally, I don't like
sendmail, and I don't use it on my personal machines, but right now it is
what is on the mail server that I manage. I've looked, but I haven't found
any step-by-step directions to install SPF on sendmail (or Exim or... for
that matter)

I believe there are probably a lot of people like me, who would impliment
SPF immediatly, but they need step-by-step directions. Not directions that
assume you know anything.

If these directions exist, please point me in their direction, and put a
link to them on the download page.

Thanks.

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage