Re: Implimenting SPF in Sendmail

2004-01-26 11:38:05
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 06:32:25PM +0000, Mark wrote:

| Yesterday I sent the INSTALL document to the devel list, for review. Meng
| has not "officially" signed off on it yet, but there no reason I cannot
| already distribute it here ("spf-milter-INSTALL.txt" as attachment). The
| official document will either be this, or something very like it. :)
|

| If everything went okay, try 'ps ax', and your spf-milter will show up as:
|
| "spf-milter (perl)"
|
| Restart sendmail. Now you're done. :)

Great job Mark, it looks very comprehensive.  I would run through the
procedure right now but unfortunately all my boxes are postfix, so I
can't actually test it.

It might be a good idea, though, to suggest at the very end a couple
ways to confirm that

1) legitimate mail gets through
2) forged mail does not (forging mail from
mengwong(_at_)vw(_dot_)mailzone(_dot_)com will
   do the trick)

It would help if we had auto probe engine that tests if a server's SPF
detection is working correctly so people don't have to pretend, by hand,
to be an SMTP client...

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage