RE: Mechanism usage in live SPF records

2004-01-27 11:38:59
SPF doesn't change that equation, except that in a strictly-managed
domain, it takes away the *illusion* of privacy/anonymity
because people
are forced to route e-mail through managed servers which can log the
e-mail traffic.  (Yes - I'm preaching to the choir, I know... sorry!)

I think that "privacy" and "international users" are used by the greybeards
for the same purpose - they are essentially insoluble problems that can
always be raised as an issue and thus make it appear that thre greybeards
have something to contribute.

At a recent one of the closed door meetings I said to everyone that as far
as I am concerned it is show and tell time. We are way past the time when we
wait for folk to put their cards on the table. If someone has a positive
contribution to make now is the time to make it.

I do not need a list of reasons why we are bound to fail from people who
refuse to believe that there is even a problem.

                Phill

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage