Re: Registrar DNS support (register.com stories)

2004-01-29 12:39:45
On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 05:02:25PM -0500, Thomas Harold wrote:

| Jim Popovitch wrote:
| >On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 23:09, Thomas Harold wrote:
| >
| >>Here's their latest reply (below)... maybe I just need to put in a
| >>support request to have them add the TXT records?  (or did you try
| >>that?)
| >
| >Don't do that... it confuses them.  They think that you want to send
| >them a text file with a bunch of A records.  They then advise similar to
| >what you saw.... "Whatever changes you wish to do, you can easily do it
| >through our online console i.e. domain manager"  (standard reply)
| >
| >It appears that the Register.com front line folks are clueless on SPF
| >(understandable, even despite all the recent coverage).   I just wish
| >one of their engineering types would clue them in. ;)
| >

| Well, I got a "no" to my request (darn)... I might chase the sales-side
| next week, see if I can't get someone to realize that there's a shift
| happening and they're standing in the way.

Good luck.  I tried for 3 weeks in 2002, and not a single peep from anyone
in sales or engineering/tech.  They use clueless customer support people as
shields for sales and tech people that also seem to be clueless.

| >We do understand that you wish to setup SPF records fro your domain.
| >Please be informed that Register.com does not support SPF records.

Host your own.  There are plenty of people that will host them (including
myself).

| Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |