Re: Re: "extreme SPF" scenario for ISPs

2004-02-03 09:20:55

Yes, and to say that "your internet connection gives you connection to
the internet, with the exception of port 25 (unless you pay us some
extra money)" is not necessarily a good way.

I can certainly see your issues. And Jan, I see yours too.

Perhaps as SPF grows in acceptance and usage, port 25 blocking will decrease. I
would prefer that it not be blocked, but I am still very firmly opinionated
that there are
ways around it. Yes, it will be a PITA- but I am pretty aggravated at the level
of SPAM
out there.

- John Chapman

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt