Re: SPF extension

2004-02-04 20:02:53
In
<2A1D4C86842EE14CA9BC80474919782E0356EFA7(_at_)mou1wnexm02(_dot_)vcorp(_dot_)ad(_dot_)vrsn(_dot_)com>
 "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> writes:

Would it be an idea to call out certain modifiers (possibly mechanisms) in
the main spec as to be used for specific types of extension.

I think trying to reserve keywords for undefined/illdefined/influx
definitions is not a particularly good idea.  Different groups that
each think they have "done it right" will both try to grab the same
reserved keyword.

We might want to reserve the smime and pgp mechanisms in the main draft.

To be quite honest, I don't want to see smime or pgp as part of any
long term SPF standard.  Such things could only be validated after the
SMTP DATA command, rather than after the MAIL FROM command.

-wayne

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt