Re: SV: 10,000 Registrations

2004-04-03 07:25:02
On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 05:49 -0800, James Couzens wrote:
On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 00:03, spf-team(_at_)strandhuset(_dot_)net wrote:
Does ayone know how many users the 10k registered domains represent. I
think that is far more interesting than the number of domains. The current
stats count my private domain (three users) as equal to aol.com.

Registration is by no means a real number to go by... there was a single
user in here a month or so ago who himself personally publishes in the
order of 100,000 domains I believe.  I'm pretty certain thats accurate.
Now he didn't "register" them as I recall, but there are certainly more
than 10,000 domains publishing!

Also, if you're going to use this in the "95% of people use Windows and
can't be wrong" style of argument in favour of _blocking_ email which
fails SPF checks, you should make sure you omit those domains with
'?all' records too.

--
dwmw2