SV: SV: 10,000 Registrations

2004-04-03 07:38:48
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: David Woodhouse [mailto:dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org]
Skickat: den 3 april 2004 16:25
Till: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Ämne: Re: SV: [spf-discuss] 10,000 Registrations

Also, if you're going to use this in the "95% of people use
Windows and
can't be wrong" style of argument in favour of _blocking_ email which
fails SPF checks, you should make sure you omit those domains with
'?all' records too.

When did I ever say that? I was just suggesting that counting the users is more
interesting than the domains. Domains with a lot of users are more likely to be
used as sender domain by the spammer. 10k domains from early adopters with 5
users in each isn't worth much. 10k domains from large ISP's or corporations
would start making SPF useful.
Maybe the registration form could include an estimate of the users of a domain.
Splitting the stats based on the blocking power of the record as you suggest
might be interesting also.

/Johan