Re: SRS concern

2004-04-14 12:14:58
I saw in another post that someone associated with sendmail was against SFP. I've already posted that Wietse has forbidden the topic on the postfix list (something that he again repeated just today), with the threat of being unsubscribed, for anyone who doesn't abide by that edict.

SPF is only part of the solution, of which SRS, or something like it, is the other part. However, this second part isn't ready yet, and the two major MTAs seem to want nothing to do with the first (or second) part.

I think I'm going to drop any use of SPF/SRS, until there is a complete solution, embraced by the majority, and by the MTA authors. It's simply not worth the headaches in the interim.

I think it's wrong to encourage people to use a solution that is only half developed.

        -ste