Re: OT: spammers

2004-05-27 11:07:18
On Thu, 27 May 2004, Andy Lester wrote:

I think the smart spammers would make a point of finding out who the
anti-spam folks are and dropping them from the lists.  Why bother
pestering the bull?  What if all geeks everywhere just stopped getting
spam?  Maybe the anti-spam activity would slow down!

I wish the spammers sending me 2000+ messages a day were that smart.  Only
2 or 3 make it through all the filters, but I still have to go through 600+
a day in the spam quarantine.

A worse problem is the 100+ postmaster emails a day I get.  Every single
one I've looked at is a failure to deliver a DSN for some spam that we
queued for a customer as their secondary MX.  However, one of these days
someone will try to tell me something important via the postmaster alias, and
I'll never see it.