Re: what license do you want to see?

2004-05-29 08:26:32
On Fri, 28 May 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

George Webb at Microsoft will meet with the MS attorneys
next week.  He has asked for our input.

Since most of us are not lawyers and would just get taken, could we
all donate $50 to a fund to defray expenses for trusted open source
lawyers (say from FSF or EFF) to review what is needed?

The non legalese bottom line for me is that I need to be able to
write and distribute code that interprets and/or generates the new SPF syntax
and distribute it without signing *anything* from Microsoft or worrying
about some lawyer down the road telling me I can't distrubute my own code.

Oh no! - I did "host -t txt _ep.hotmail.com" and while looking at the
output, my mind interpreted the symbols to reveal their meaning!
I just created a biochemical implementation of CID!
And I didn't sign the license!  Am I gonna get sued?