Re: Extensibility, and error handling. Could SPF lose to XML over it?

2004-05-30 10:55:42
In <5646238(_dot_)1085910279(_at_)[10(_dot_)12(_dot_)1(_dot_)26]> Greg Connor
<gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org> writes:

(Personally I don't have a strong feeling about plain SPF vs
SPF-over-XML, but if it turns out that 2-3 years from now there are
100,000 plain SPF records and less than 1000 XML records, maybe XML is
the one that will get left behind.  Who knows?  Letting the market
decide is a good thing, I think.  Except, plain SPF is deficient in
this area, and I will bet the XML format won't be :)

Based on the research I've done, I believe that, rather than 2-3 years
from now, there currently is around 100,000 domains that publish SPF
records exclusively and far less than 1000 domains that publish XML
records exclusively.

While I think it is too early to say that the market has decided, it
will take a huge turn-around to change the direction.

-wayne