Re: XML Poll (Please respond only once)

2004-05-30 12:55:57
Keep XML

1. It's bullet proof tested
2. its extensible by its very nature
3. represent any file structure, easily and effortlessly
4. parsers are easily available
5. it will be accepted by those "part time programmers" who need to whip
something up to get it to work
6. easily readable
7. less fragile, than say something as convoluted as mime
8. will be more acceptable to Fortune 1000 companies
9. easily scriptable by part time admins.

Other than the comment about it being bloated, I have yet to hear a valid
negative point.

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Mitchell" <george(_at_)m5p(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 12:02 PM
Subject: [spf-discuss] XML Poll (Please respond only once)

Before we waste any more time on XML, could we take a quick poll on
whether we want to use it at all?  I request all of the members of this
list respond (once) to the list in this thread, stating simply whether
you believe the SPF specification should include the use of XML.  I'll
start off:

I am opposed to the use of XML in conjunction with SPF.

-- George Mitchell

The Inbox Event at the Marriott San Jose features SPF.
   June 2: Email Accountability Symposium (free)
   June 3: SPF Strategy BOF (free) where industry will coordinate
deployment timeline
   Times: 6:30pm - 8pm, both sessions.  http://www.inboxevent.com/