Re: was XML Poll

2004-05-30 16:26:24
Substitute "binary" for "XML" and see what you get.

"Using xml we can express/store *any data* in Xml."
"Using binary we can express/store *any data* in Binary."

"Binary is cross-platform.  Any system can read and write binary."

"Binary is robust, and has been well-tested"

"Text data in binary is readable by humans"

Perhaps this is a good way to determine if XML is useful:
1. List all the reasons for using XML;
2. Use the "binary" trick;
3. Remove all statements that still make sense.

If your list is empty you don't need XML.

Cheers