Re: was XML Poll

2004-05-30 15:03:42
Søndag den 30. maj 2004 23:47 skrev Ian Peter:
It will be more useful to make strategic decisions based on
technical and political considerations than run a popularity poll.
These strategic decisions should be based on what SPF is trying to
achieve and how that might best be accomplished.

I agree, but the poll was nevertheless interesting, because it
underlines one of the main reasons not to use XML: it's unpopular.

We need to make sure, that there is a non-XML way of publishing an SPF
record for those, who want to type in their SPF records manually into
the DNS servers.

We can also have an extra XML-based data format for SPF records. This
adds some extra work to the implementations, but since only very few
people care about how the code looks, it's not a big problem.

Having two data formats makes Microsoft happy, it makes SPF people
happy and it makes it possible to merge CID and SPF.

Lars.

--

Mobil: 20331241
Evt.: 70201241

My public GnuPG key: http://dybdahl.dk/lars/gpg/

The Inbox Event at the Marriott San Jose features SPF.
   June 2: Email Accountability Symposium (free)
   June 3: SPF Strategy BOF (free) where industry will coordinate deployment
timeline
   Times: 6:30pm - 8pm, both sessions.  http://www.inboxevent.com/