Re: Dear Microsoft,

2004-06-07 08:35:24
Teddy wrote:
[snip] Politicaly perhaps it is good for SPF, ok, but
technicaly it is a desaster. Here I will list the negative points:

- checking records after DATA is bandwithconsuming.
- checking the XML records doubles or tribbles the MTA code and forces
in most cases two DNS lookups.
- implementing two different types of parsers forces errors in code.
- implementing two different types of parsers needs more programming
effort and (if not open souce) costs more.
- long XML records cannot be easily published in a simple TXT record.

Not forgetting copyright & licence issues

It's now also starting to look like a political disaster, with
developers throwing there toys out of the basket (if I was a
developer, my toys would be gone as well).

The inevitable has now happened for a "split opinion" (not the
right words) open source project, with fork discussions
starting, though without the at least some of the existing
project leads that is probably doomed.

Maybe this is what Microsoft wanted

   Divide and Conquer

Karl Prince