Re: Forking SPF into The New SPF and SPF1

2004-06-08 13:03:39
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 list+spf-discuss(_at_)doeblitz(_dot_)net wrote:

I'm thinking about forking SPF into "The New SPF" and a non-XML "SPF1"
variant, i.e. keep The Old SPF going separately and independently from The
New SPF.

IT's sad, but seems to be necessary.

There's no need to call it a fork.  SPF 1 is for 2821, SPF 2 is for 2822.
We want to keep SPF 1 going independently of SPF 2, but unlike a fork,
we aren't aiming to replace SPF 2.  Those who want the RFC 2822 checking
features of SPF 2 will need to implement SPF 1 as well if they want
to be able to block sender forgeries before DATA.