Re: SPFv1 needs SRS help; also, Internet gazillionaires please donate

2004-06-08 14:47:38
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:03:40PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:03:39PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
| There's no need to call it a fork.  SPF 1 is for 2821, SPF 2 is for 2822.
| We want to keep SPF 1 going independently of SPF 2, but unlike a fork,
| we aren't aiming to replace SPF 2.

If we want to keep going with SPF1, we need to get SRS
support out there in MTAs.  We've done a great jerb putting
SPF support into MTAs, we just need to do the same with SRS.

To make that happen, we need either:

1) increased volunteer effort, or

Well, I stepped in and volunteered to take on part of this work (mainly
sendmail patch, freebsd port, mandrake package for now) but I'm more
than willing to do some more on it.

Do people think there would be a response if we asked for
donations?

  Personal contributions  -   $20 to   $50
  Corporate contributions -  $200 to  $500
  Dot-com Gazillionnaires - $2000 to $5000

Contributions in excess of $1000 will be recognized with a
commemorative SPF poncho.

I personally like the idea of shirts & caps, it makes me feel 'part of
it'. Note, I recently ordered some linux/freebsd shirts and caps, don't
think anything is wrong with them.

Koen

--
Sonologic, http://www.sonologic.nl/