Re: Forking SPF into The New SPF and SPF1

2004-06-09 11:12:52
--On Dienstag, Juni 08, 2004 22:50:46 +0200 spf(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx wrote:

Please, please please,

Just wait a little bit longer with this forking business. I myself am
not very fond of how things seem to be going, but as usual things might
not turn out as they seem to turn out. For now, spfv1 is still spfv1,
and it is still being deployed all over the planet. There's no need to
fork of right now. Let's fork as soon as spfv2 is actually there, and we
now what we are forking from.

I like the idea of calling them "layers". I will be able to keep the RFC2821 layer (spf-v1) and anybody willing to put XML parsers into their MTAs can use the RFC2822 layer (spf-v2 + cid).

Ralf