RE: Forking SPF into The New SPF and SPF1

2004-06-09 21:48:12
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

Oh well.  Those kind of bogus bounces are all caught by SES.  The ones giving
me trouble are the ones that are forwarded by my own secondary MXs because
there is no SPF for the domain.  As soon as I can start rejecting on
lack of SPF, I won't have any.

Just checked.  Actually, mostly the bogus bounces are not bounces at
all, but assinine anti-virus programs proud as punch that they've
noticed a Windoze virus but too stupid to realize that the virus
is not going to tell the truth about who sent it.  If they would
just do a DSN on the virus, SES would catch it.  There
is no reason on earth why an anti-virus program should send email
directly to whatever victim the virus tells them to.  As far
as I'm concerned, authors of such stupidly rude programs are
worse spammers than the stretch willy lot.

This whole SPF thing is not going to block a significant
percentage of spoofed mail until anti-virus programmers get a clue or get
blacklisted off the internet.  There are so many in the field, I can't
reasonably blacklist them.  Arrrgh.