Spf sendmail-milter

2004-06-15 14:27:06
Hi,

I have installed all packages as described and have the spf-milter
running with sendmail. it is running and I get 'recieved spf' headers in
emails.

I am presently running the sendmail-milter script via the command line.
I assume that the sendmail-milter is better run via the sendmail startup
script withe the following line:- ??

$SPF_MILTER -l 'include:local-forwarders' mail

What does local-forwarders mean?  I don't understand the explaination below
can someone put it in laymans term please?

'where local-forwarders is the name of a 'pseudo-domain' holding an SPF
# record describing all hosts allowed to bypass SPF checks (typically,
# foreign hosts on which your users have set up .forwards pointing
# towards addresses hosted by you). If none of your users have set up
# any forwarding, you can leave this away'

My F.Q.D.N. IS master.kilner-vacuum-lifting.com

This is my IN TXT  entry in my exiting dns zone:-
kilner-vacuum-lifting.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:80.168.70.141/24
a:relay1.mail.uk.clara.net a:relay2.mail.uk.clara.net
a:relay3.mail.uk.clara.net ?all"

Finally. when this is working.should I be able to detect/reject emails
coming from forged addresses? and do I need any additional run options todo
this.

Regards

Nigel Kilner

Kilner VacuumationCo Ltd
UK
I'm really an engineer..I just evolved into a systems administrator!!

---