Re[2]: Spf sendmail-milter

2004-06-16 07:54:45
N> So to make effective use of SPF I really need to have my own mail
N> server, which means moving to dsl on a fixed ip.

Running a mail server on DSL might not be a good idea - if your DSL is
DUL or RBL listed (most are) you'll find some stuff you send won't
reach the recipients.

N> My problem is this:- We are getting 6,000 to 9,000 emails per day 99.?%
N> spam. At present these get filtered quite effectively with SA. This will
N> get worse before it gets better. If I can't get most of these filtered
N> out at isp level what should be my best course of action?, if I don't
N> change my email address.

SPF is *NOT* an anti-spam technology.

It will not have ANY NOTICEABLE IMPACT on your spam problem EVER.

Have you looked at CR technology?  Purists hate it because some
bounced spams end up hitting the forged senders addresses, however, it
does eradicate 100% of your spam without any danger that you'll ever
miss and email due to a false positive.  Places like mailblocks.com
might be worth checking out.  You've just got to figure out how much
money your 9000 spams are costing you, and whether or not their fee is
worth it of course.