Re: Spf sendmail-milter

2004-06-16 01:46:08
Paul Howarth wrote:

> For example:
>
> forwarders-to-kilner-vacuum-lifting.local. TXT "v=spf1
> ip4:195.102.244.128/28"

So should that ip be the ip of clara.net's mail servers or the ip range of our domain as hosted by clara?

> SPF will only detect forgeries for domains that have published SPF
> records, and where those forgeries don't come from the servers
> authorized to send for the sender's domain. The forgeries will only be
> rejected if the sender's SPF record uses "-all"; otherwise the mail > > will be accepted and the Received-SPF: header will show a "neutral" or
> "softfail" result.

How long will it be before I can actually benefit from SPF, are we talking months or years?

are there any benefits at present?

Thanks for uor help Paul.

Nigel Kilner

Kilner Vacuumation Co. Ltd. http://www.kilner-vacuum-lifting.com

Scanned for viruses by F-Prot Antivirus - http://www.f-prot.com

All information contained in this email is confidential and may
be used by the intended recipient only.