Re: Spf sendmail-milter

2004-06-16 03:31:30
Nigel wrote:
Ok..My spf record is set up on the DNS server of my own network. So I can see now that isn't much use. Don't know how to do it any oher way.

You'd ask your DNS hosting provider (Clara.net) to add the record. Or, if they provide a "control panel" for you to maintain the DNS data yourself, you'd add it using that (many DNS control panel applications don't support TXT records though).

Would it be a big job to set up my own mailserver? Is that a silly thing to do for a small network with only 6 clients? If it's not costly I might want to try it.

I'd advise you not to run your own company's mail server until you've had some experience running one for a less critical domain (say, a personal one). It won't cost you anything but your time and effort to run your own server on a DSL line with a static IP (I wouldn't bother trying if you're on a dynamic IP). That's how I run my own mail server (and DNS for that matter).

Regards, Paul.