RE: FTC: we need sender authentication before "Do Not Spam" can work

2004-06-18 08:02:08
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Howarth
Sent: June 18, 2004 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] FTC: we need sender authentication
before "Do Not Spam" can work

"Unfortunately many commercial bulk mailers do
not exercise proper due diligence about whether
or not the mail *is* actually solicited (e.g. by
confirming with the address owner that it really
was them that typed the address into a "sign up"
web form). That, I think, is where many bulk
mailers run into trouble."

There is no question setting up the right
relationship at the beginning can go a long way
to resolving issues between the solicited mailer
and subscriber, especially if the mailer then
takes appropriate steps to build on this
relationship.

John

The FTC Says Yes To Sender Authentication
http://www.learnsteps4profit.com/dne.html

---