Re: Software is Buggy and Immature!

2004-06-28 23:25:37
On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 22:32, David Lawless wrote:
I finally got the Milter working with a 'fallback' record only
to discover that you can't whitelist senders using the
'access.db', and that no other simple whitelisting capability
exists.  The 'sendmail' milter whitelist patch does not work.

I have a patch for the perl sendmail milter that supports using the
access.sb for whitelisting
(http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/spf-milter-whitelisting-with-access.db.patch),
 but it's aimed at whitelisting recipients rather than senders. Sender IPs
should be whitelistable using the built-in whitelisting facility of the milter,
and sender domains could be whitelisted using an override record.

What specific whitelisting problem did you have?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul(_at_)city-fan(_dot_)org>