Re: Software is Buggy and Immature!

2004-06-29 15:43:21
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Paul Howarth wrote:

Shevek wrote:
I strongly recommend trying the SPF milter code from Jef Poskanzer and
myself, which works with Wayne Schlitt's libspf2 library. It is available
from http://www.libspf2.org/download.html. The code in this newer library
is of a much higher quality, including support for full SPF record
checking and the IPv6 protocol. It has also been tested considerably more
extensively and deployed on more systems. Furthermore, this new code is
known to be reliable under load and not to leak memory.

On the other hand, it has no support for fallback records, no support for
delay-checks mode (which allows some recipients to be exempted from
checks/filters) and no support for access.db based whitelisting as far as I
can tell, some of which were requirements for the original poster.

On the other hand, it works and doesn't leak memory. However, we will look
at getting these new features implemented as soon as possible. It would
help us if you were to submit tickets containing descriptions of the
desired features to <libspf2 [at] rt.anarres.org>.

Thanks.

S.

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/