Re: libspf vs libspf2? Hunh?

2004-07-01 13:52:37
On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:35:59PM -0700, James Couzens wrote:
In fact, this whole business is getting quite confusing. I mean, it's
good to have alternatives. But I'm completely lost now and the zillions
of spf/srs implementations around..

You Sir, are preaching to the choir.  Perhaps you would like to
contribute to a project that doesn't intentionally try to mislead and
confuse the public.  There is always room for more help and refinement.

Speaking of which, what is the status of the case-sensitivity in
libsrs?? I suggested a one-line fix to the library, is that something I
should send you a patch for, will this be in the next version? I realize
this list is not the best place to mention this, but the forums seem a
bit dead.

Apart from the case-thingy, that patch i posted should work like a charm
for libsrs.

Alternate implementations are a great idea, and I encourage it.  They
almost always lead to better code and ideas more sound in design and
implementation, except of course in the case where alternative groups
attempt to usurp title from someone who is clearly still at home.  Good
job Wayne.

Actually, i was also a bit confused with the milter stuff. If someone in
the list says 'the milter', i always thought it was the one on the
spf.pobox.com website, but apparently there are others.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html