RE: Reputation Services and HELO/EHLO Checking For Unified SPF

2004-07-04 02:40:17
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:19:03 -0400, spf(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com:

I think this may be a good long term outcome, even if not
popular with vanity domain owners, whom can get currently have
the "privledge" of a domain email for peanuts.

Just one quibble...

In what respect is sending e-mail from my domain a "privilege"?

Hi Scott,

Hmmm, I badly phrased that, there are two things I see wrong
with my statement.

* <Troll alert on> Sending mail has nothing to do with
privledge, but for networks to transmit it, and servers to
accept it is not a given right <Troll alert off>

* What I was trying to say (and still struggling to do
eloquently), is that coz of the current state of SMTP, it has
been historically very easy (and cheap) to have vanity domain
email. However as we more to a more secure/trustworthy SMTP
system, this will cease to be the case, and (vanity) domain
owners are likely to have to spend more than just a
registration fee to have their mail accepted.

If you can put it better, please do, I'm struggling...

Regards
Karl.P

Email via Mailtraq4Free from Enstar (www.mailtraqdirect.co.uk)