Re: Why has Wayne stolen my domain?

2004-07-24 14:04:53
On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 06:53, Andriy G. Tereshchenko wrote:
[James Couzens]
Subject: [spf-discuss] Why has Wayne stolen my domain?

How you claim that somebody stole something you never owned?
Correct title - "Why Wayne use domain name similar to my libspf.org".

My title was intentionally chosen to reflect the "deception" that Wayne
is using through his use of libspf2.org.  Can you see the correlation?

Continue to do so. Politely. Do not use unfair and anti-completive practice.

Indeed.

Improve your code. Add features. Provide A+ support.

This is and has already been taking place.

Avoid posting emails like this one.

Well this is the last place I would go about posting something like
this, but I am sick and tired of being ignored.  I believe strongly that
I am in the right here, and I will restate how disgusted I am with Wayne
and "Shevek"

Users do not care about domain names conflict.

Its not a domain name conflict!  Please do not trivialize this issue.
Its the use of a library name intentionally used to infer superiority
and that it has superseded my library.

Go look on their website, they refer to my library as "And Old Library"
intentionally worded so as to infer that its out of date.  This is
completely subversive behaviour on their part.

Hey.
Have you provided a link to www.libspf2.org as an alternative version of your
library?

No I have not.

Why do you expect Wayne and Shevek must do this?

Because its The Right Thing To do (tm).  Do you not think it is
appropriate that they rename their library to something that doesn't
lend its self to confusion?

FIY, whitehouse.COM still exists. Why do you expect libspf2 ownership changed?
What domain name you would like to propose Wayne and Shevek to use as
replacement?

I propose that Wayne revert to using "libspf-alt" which he has been
since he first released.  And I further propose that shevek use
"libsrs-shevek" or something else.  It is not MY responsibility to come
up with creative names for libraries that follow in the footsteps of
mine.

Continue to work on your source code. Users will recognize your hard work.

Indeed I shall.  Thank you for your response.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,