Re: mail administrator certification example

2004-07-30 10:58:21
Comminigatepro by stalker. One of the best mail server on the planet. It is
written 100% rfc compliant from the ground up. Check out their clients. In
fact tucows runs on communigatepro.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] mail administrator certification example

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, John Keown wrote:

As I said all mail server have a router built into the mail server and
without writing a separate whole new set of rules for every situation
that
may occur and do not adhered to basic mathematical principal the
usefulness
of these notations is worthless. The overhead to process such variations
from basic mathematics will severely load the server and make spf a
useless
idea.

1) SPF is not used for routing, mail or otherwise

2) AND takes exactly as long as XOR (1 cycle) on any ancient or modern
   processor I've ever looked at timing tables for.

So fix your broken software already.  You do not need to fix any mail
routing - that has nothing to do with SPF.  Just fix your SPF checker.
I'm sure we would all like to suggest implementations you could use.
Just tell us what MTA you are using.

    Business Management Systems Inc.  Phone: 703 591-0911 Fax: 703
591-6154

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html